Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Could Have Kept Me Away For So Long?

This Christmas season was an unusual one for the B family. Due to work and school schedules, we had to postpone our immediate family celebration by an entire month! Even then Mr. B was working out of town. Although he was greatly missed, we all still had a most wonderful celebration. Much of my time away was spent completing the above pictured queen sized nine patch quilt. It was AB and KM's Christmas gift. Many of the fabrics used in this quilt have been used in other sewing projects, some of which were from my own childhood. This is the largest quilt I've ever made and I filled it with an all natural organically grown cotton batting. The sashing and backing were made from my late mother's king sized sheet set, which had been washed numerous times and is so very soft and cozy.
Above is a photo of me with my five. I certainly wish Mr. B had been home for this family photo.
Trimming our "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. My favorite part of the Christmas tree are all the handmade ornaments we've collected over the past 24 + years. Many of the ornaments were made by my late mother but most have been made by our children for school craft projects.

We also enjoyed a couple suppers and evenings with my Dad (he's taking this photo) and my two youngest brothers, CA and KE, and their betrothed. My brother JJ is currently working in Alaska and couldn't join us. We had a grand time talking, laughing, and listening to/playing music.
This was the Christmas of all Christmas's for me and Dad. Sometime I will share the amazing story of our family's restoration - a restoration that only my Loving Heavenly Father could bring about.
On another note, I'd like to thank all the wonderful warm wishes you, my dear readers, sent while I was away. I can not tell you what a joy it was to pop in and see your loving and encouraging notes from time to time. Thank you.
In Christ's Love,
Mrs. B


5 comments:

  1. I love the family photos! What a beautiful group. The quilt is LOVELY. You did a fantastic job. Glad to see you back around cyber-world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FHL,

    Thank you so much for the compliment on the quilt. I have certainly missed blogging and the ladies' forum I like to visit. As much as I enjoyed my family's visits, I am also looking forward to things flowing back into a regular rhythm soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good looking family :) I really like the quilt as well, I'm basically "amen-ing" Mrs. FHL, lol. I'm happy you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were greatly missed. You have a beautiful family and I am excited to be able to read your posts again.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to you on here again, to know that you've had a good time while you've been away, and to hear that you and your Dad have had a nice Christmas together.
    Can't wait to read more from you here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B