Friday, July 25, 2008

Biblical Submission, Part 4 - Conclusion

As bleak as many Christian families may look on the surface, I see good news and glimmers of hope on the horizon. I see the blinders of deceit falling from the eyes of the grandchildren of those from the women's liberation movement. They are realizing that the world's definition of success resulting in women usurping their husband's authority, dual income households and substitute parenting is not working in our society. Because of mass media, the powerful research tool of the internet, and demographic education taking place in many of today's churches, high schools and college campuses, young people are seeing the direct relation between the ills of our society and the mass exodus of women from the home driven by the women's liberation movement. These young people have taken notice that as the number of women who rebel against their God given roles and the entry of women into the work force increases, so does the moral decline of our society.

If we look back and study American history, we will see a plethora of strong, intelligent women shaping and molding our nation from it's very foundation - the family. Today's young people are hungry for this truth. They long for a life focused on unity within their families. Because of their study of history and sociology, they also know that the national unity and peace they long for is simply an extension of family unity.

The Word of God offers instructions on how to achieve this greatly desired family unity. Of course, the foundation of family begins with the foundation of the husband and wife. Today's wife has a tremendous opportunity to be an abundant instrument of change for our nation. However, before we can be that instrument of change we must be willing to take an honest look at ourselves in the mirror. We must admit our own personal failures regarding God's Word and our roles. We must be willing to identify the temptations that lead us out of our God given roles causing us to usurp our husband's God given authority. Once we identify our area(s) of temptation, we are then able to approach the throne of God with a repentant heart. By repenting we give God permission to change us. Remember, it is foolish to try and change our husbands. But, any sociologist will tell you that when you change, others around you are also forced to change. When we allow God to change us into the help meet He created us to be, we are also giving Him permission to begin changing our husbands into the leaders He created them to be.

For many years, I was conditioned by my upbringing not to trust men. The lack of trust that I was raised with opened the door for fear in my marriage. If my husband did not act as quickly as I thought he should, I'd step up and do it. If my husband made a decision I disagreed with, I'd nag him until he either caved in or ended up harboring ill feelings toward me. Once I identified my temptation and my sin, fear, I was then able to go to God in repentance. Once I repented of my shortfalls, God was then able to begin a work within me. God gave me the strength to stand by and allow my husband to fall. If he missed a business opportunity because he lingered too long in the decision process, I remained quiet and allowed him to suffer the consequences of his inaction. If my husband made a decision that I disagreed with and it turned out that I was right, I remained quiet and allowed him to suffer the consequences of his poor decision. Yes, there were times that I had to come in after the fact and help him clean up a mess. He didn't need me to say, "I told you so". He knew where he messed up or missed the mark. Surprisingly, he only had to make a few mistakes before very quickly learning how to avoid future mistakes. My temptation and weakness causing rebellion to God's plan for my life was fear. What's yours? Is it fear, discontent, or maybe even discouragement?

Titus 2:3-5 says, "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed". This is a pretty tall order for today's Christian woman, especially since many of us do not posses these basic skills ourselves. However, what was the 1970's women's liberation mantra, "I am woman, hear me roar"? I say it is time that we women begin that shout again. Only today we stop shouting in the direction of our husbands and God, and we instead, shout to the enemy who deceived our grandmothers and mothers. It is time for us to take back what has been stolen. It is time to take back our place of dignity and honor. It is time to take back the formation of the foundations of our families and nation. It is time for us to be praised by our husbands, children and neighbors. It is time that we are once again looked upon as hardworking, good managers, possessive of good business sense, respected, strong, kind to others, spiritual, wise and productive. It is time our value was returned and we once again find ourselves preserved and protected. It is time we become the godly and virtuous women described by the Bible.

To the world, I shout, "I am woman, here me roar - I am taking back what you stole from me!"

But more importantly, to God, my husband and my children, I triumphantly declare,


"I AM WOMAN, I AM YOURS!".
I have a desire to be praised by my husband, children and neighbors. I have a desire to be hardworking, a good manager, possess good business sense, respected, strong, kind to others, spiritual, wise and productive. I have a desire to be valuable enough to be preserved and protected. I have a desire to be a godly and virtuous woman as described by the Bible.

4 comments:

  1. What a great series you did on this. Obviously I still have lots to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nicole. Again, you always have such kind words for everyone. The Lord has really blessed you with a gift for encouragement and edification.

    The reality is that ALL (especially me) of us 21st century ladies have alot to learn. Most of us may not have been properly trained from the beginning, but we have the best instruction manual authored by the greatest being in the universe - the Bible. We also have the the mightiest helper anyone could ever ask for - the Holy Spirit.

    Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how in the world I missed this series you wrote, but I am glad I found it. In your conclusion I found the answer I was looking for. We can talk about it later. (another reason to talk for HOURS on the phone).

    Thank you Mrs. B for being obiedent to God and passing the Word along.

    You are an amazing woman and I am proud to call you my friend and sister.

    I love you,
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. A, THANK YOU!!

    I am glad you enjoyed the series and it ministered to your heart.

    Loving and Missing you, my dear sister,

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B