Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu Day

Although our area has not had a winter this warm since 1931, (yes, way back then, prior to "global warming" our usual bitterly cold winter was warmer than this one) I'm still "shopping from home".  Why not?  I stocked up in preparation for a very long, and colder than any I've ever personally experienced, winter.  Although our local winter has been unusually warm, thus far (knock-on-wood), gasoline and diesel prices are up, so my winter stock pile is certainly saving us money by keeping us home and NOT driving 100 miles round-trip to the grocer each week.  Mr.B still stops on his way home for milk and an occasional head of lettuce & fresh tomatoes.
This week's supper menu includes the following:
Monday - pesto chicken (something new - I'll post the recipe if our family likes it), garlic butter & parsley pasta, salad
Tuesday - macaroni & cheese, carrots, Brussels sprouts
Wednesday - crock pot teriyaki chicken, rice & egg rolls
Thursday - Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes & broccoli
Friday - homemade shake-n-bake pork chops, creamed corn, squash
Saturday - fish chowder, carrot salad, crescent rolls
Sunday - ground venison & potato casserole, steamed vegetable medley, spinach

What are you planning to cook this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B