Sunday, March 29, 2009

Menu Day


I have another VERY busy week ahead of me. I don't know when or if I'll have time to post later this week so, I decided I'd enter my Menu Day post a day early.
I also have a fabulous breakfast recipe to share with you using sweet potatoes, apples and maple syrup. OG loves this dish so much she recently said to me, "Mom, you should post this recipe on your blog. I just know others will like it as much as we do."
Sunday - chicken-a-la-king (made from last week's leftover chicken pot pie filling: http://herpeculiarlife.blogspot.com/2008/06/pantry-is-very-low.html), salad
Monday - crock pot meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus
Tuesday - stir fried noodles (http://herpeculiarlife.blogspot.com/2008/05/stir-fried-noodles.html), egg drop soup
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - crock pot pork chops & rice, zucchini, broccoli
Friday - grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
Saturday - homemade pizza, salad
Now, a recipe to share ...
Sweet Potatoes & Apples
(photo above)
2 sweet potatoes
1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 c. crushed cornflakes cereal
Bake sweet potatoes until easily pricked with a fork (this can be done on baking day or the night before, refrigerate until ready to use). Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 in. rounds. Place a layer of sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 2 qt. casserole. Top with a layer of apples. Repeat layers. Dot top with 1 tbsp. thinly sliced butter. Drizzle with maple syrup. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. While sweet potatoes are baking, melt 1 tbsp. butter. Add crushed cornflakes cereal and mix well. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and sprinkle with crushed cornflake mixture. Return to oven and bake uncovered an additional 5-10 minutes, until cornflake topping begins to brown.
serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B