Monday, September 8, 2014

Charmin's Delights

Last Thursday I was thinking about my dearest and bestest friend / sister Mrs.A.  I was thinking of her so hard that I quickly began to think about pistachios.  Why would thoughts of my best friend cause me to think on pistachios?  Despite having a bag stashed in my freezer, the pistachio is her favorite nut, of course.  Well ... one thing led to another and it appears that my stomach somehow got involved in the thinking process causing me to decide to bake some cookies with pistachios in them.  After some snooping around in my baking cabinet, I decided to add some dried cranberries and white chocolate chips to my cookie creation.  Hence, Charmin's Delights were born!  I've sent some off to her ... I hope she finds them worthy of carrying her name.




Charmin's Delights
Charmin's Delights

3/4 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. softened butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. toasted pistachios, roughly chopped


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  In a medium bowl combine sugars until similar to sand.  Mix in butter until fully incorporated and pasty.  Add egg and vanilla stirring vigorously until creamy.  Sift flour and baking soda into butter mixture and stir together until almost but not fully incorporated.  Stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips and pistachios until all flour is fully incorporated.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Use a small scoop to place cookie dough onto baking sheet.  Do not crowd cookies, I only bake nine per sheet.  Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden.  Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 2 dozen.

Hmmm, red cranberries, green pistachios, white chocolate chips ... Charmin's Delights and Christmas are somehow connecting in my mind ...

2 comments:

  1. OMG! AHHHHHHMAAAAAZZZZING!!! These were the most delicious cookies EVER!! Maybe it has something to do with my name OR maybe it has something to do with the absolute unconditional love that was put into them when she baked them. Regardless, you must try them. You WON'T REGRET IT!
    Thank you my Dear Dear Friend for such a beautiful gift!

    I love you to the moon and back!
    -Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mrs.A,

    Thank you for the lovely comments.

    I love you too,

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B