Friday, November 20, 2015

How To Freeze Eggs

In a recent post regarding our winter stores I mentioned would post about how I freeze our eggs in preparation for when the weather turns bitterly cold and our hens stop laying.

I prefer to use frozen eggs when baking, making puddings or custards, adding as a binder in meatballs or casseroles, etc.  Some folks will use them for scrambled eggs or omelets, however, I find the texture to be a little rubbery.  Please remember to allow about 30 minutes for your eggs to thaw at room temperature before using them in your cooking application.

Here's the process I use:


Step 1:  Lightly spray an ice cube tray with non-stick cooking spray



Step 2:  In a pour measure, whisk eggs until combined very well.



Step 3:  Pour eggs into ice cube tray and place in the freezer.



Step 4:  When the eggs are frozen, remove them from the ice cube tray and store them in a plastic zip bag.  Two frozen egg cubes are equal to one (1) whisked egg.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea this could be done, thanks for sharing and for your tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Rhonda,

      I hope this is helpful to you.

      Blessings,
      MrsB

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this tip on freezing eggs. We do not have our own chickens and honestly I do not use a lot of eggs because I don't eat them but hubby loves them. I think this would be a great way to preserve some of the eggs that I buy before they go unused and go bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I'm glad this tip may help you save money by preserving eggs before they expire.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I have never seen this done before! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Silvana,

      I hope this process will be as useful for you as it has been for me.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B