Monday, January 27, 2014

Projects Done ... Well, Almost

In my recent Out With the Old and In With the New post I mentioned that I had not finished all the projects I had on my "to do" list during our Christmas break.  While ET, my babysitting charge,  was vacationing out of town at his grandparents and this past weekend I completed my project "to do" list.  What did I accomplish?

You've already see this photo, but I'll tell you about it anyway.  During ET's vacation I spent 3 1/2 days emptying the pantry, adding three additional shelving units, restocking and re-organizing all our winter food stores and Christmas décor.


This past weekend I turned this hallway closet into a ....

 
 
... Sewing Nook!
 
 
 We added 4 cubby units which gives me 24 cubbies to store and organize my fabric, yarns, and notions.
 
The drawer unit, tucked into a dormer nook, stores and my patterns, embroidery supplies and miscellaneous items.

 
I used tension rods above the drawer unit, thank you Pinterest, to store felting and crochet threads.
 

Since Grandpa is returning for a visit, I now have until Thursday to re-claim our guest room by finding a new place to store all the boxes I removed from the closet.

4 comments:

  1. Your sewing cubby looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,

    Thanks! I am looking forward creating many projects in there!!

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sewing nook. Hope you get the guest room back in order. I sympathize, any project I do seems to require some rearranging somewhere else

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rhonda. Yes, I put all the boxes, etc. from the closet into the guest room. My evening project will be to disburse and organize those into other areas of the house.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B