Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Maple Apple Turkey Meatballs


In my last post I mentioned Food Network's Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals program. My Maple Apple Turkey Meatball recipe is adapted from one of her shows and has been a HUGE hit with my family. For this recipe you will need:
1/2 c. apple sauce
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. Simply Organic all purpose seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled into bits
1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
Sauce -
1 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. prepared horseradish (add a little more if you prefer a little more "kick")
Combine apple sauce, maple syrup, all purpose seasoning, salt, pepper and bacon bits. Mix apple sauce mixture into the ground turkey well (I use my food processor). Using wet hands form turkey mixture into large meatballs. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place meatballs in crock pot and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-4 hours.
Before serving combine sauce ingredients, mix well. Heat sauce in microwave for 1 minute, stir; repeat. Plate meatballs on serving platter and spoon sauce over each meatball. Serve extra sauce with meal.
Makes about 15 large meatballs.
NOTE: These meatballs can also be cooked uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, until center reads 180 degrees with a meat thermometer.
For an appetizer, form turkey mixture into 45 small meatballs and reduce cooking time by about one third. Serve with toothpicks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that looks and sounds so good!! Gonna try this for sure!!!

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. M,

    Depending on how spicy you all like your sauces, you may want to add only 1/8 tsp. of horseradish to the sauce and then adjust up, if desired. 1/4 tsp. is the amount our family enjoys.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B