Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So Angry I Could Eat Nails ...

My day began very well. Everything that I had control over was right in my world, until .... I read the following article, "Obama Responds to Ire Over 2nd Anti-Vegas Remark", ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_las_vegas ).

Personally, my "issues" do not lie with President Obama's remarks regarding Las Vegas, my "issues" are that he'd have the audacity give financial advise to ANYONE!

- "I was making the simple point that families use vacation dollars, not college tuition money, to have fun," Obama said.
- "When times are tough, you tighten your belts," Obama said, according to a White House transcript of his appearance Tuesday at a high school in North Nashua, N.H.
- "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage," Obama said. "You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices."

When I look at the economic train wreck our nation is experiencing, I ask, "When is President Obama and his administration going to practice what he's preaching?"

Now, anyone who knows me personally, knows that I am always a supporter of financial responsibility. The difference between myself and Washington is that I do not BORROW money so I can spend more than I will be able to bring in. I preach a debt free lifestyle AND I practice what I preach.

My response to President Obama's remarks on personal financial responsibility, "Don't tell me, or anyone else, how to spend our hard earned incomes until you put into practice on Capital Hill what you preach."

Now that I've vented, I feel better.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B