Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Correct Dosages

I had to get some medical tests done.  The results were not as bad as they could have been but not as good as I expected.  No, I'm not dying or suffering from any sort of long term illness.  However, the results indicated that I am grossly deficient in some vitamins and minerals.  I was pretty shocked by these results because not only do we grow and harvest a large portion of our diet, but I also eat far more fruits and vegetables than most people I know.  Long term vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause all sorts of serious medical conditions.  I am fortunate to have found a physician who is more interested in preventative treatment and the root cause of illness than simply treating the symptoms of an illness.  He has prescribed a vitamin regimen and one temporary prescription drug.
 
 

Once I got home and realized that I need to take 11 pills of differing dosages everyday, I immediately knew that my busy lifestyle would discourage me from consistently sticking to this routine.  I thought about the little plastic pill boxes for each day of the week, but quickly dismissed that idea because I know that on "fill the pill box" day, I'll get busy and forget to do it and in turn miss days or even weeks.  I've found a very quick and simple solution for me.  I simply write the number of dosage from each bottle on the bottle cap and store them next to the Advil.  So far so good, I haven't missed a single dose and I haven't become confused about how many of each vitamin or prescription I need to take each day.

1 comment:

  1. I also had to do this, when I was on 23 different supplements!
    For me, genetic testing was key before I continued trying to heal my nutrient deficiencies. Since I started healing my genetic defects with specific foods (diatomaceous earth, matcha green tea, and activated charcoal with raw honey), I no longer need my other supplements!
    Praying for you to find exactly what your body needs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B