Tuesday, June 18, 2013

... "ye have done it unto me."

How does one say thank you?  Do we quickly utter the words?  Do we send a note?  Do we "pay it forward"?

I suppose each situation warrants our response.  Today, I am thankful to several people, unknown to each other, and through the course of several years.  I believe our Lord placed them directly in my path, for very specific reasons, and at just the right times.  These folks were only passing ships in my life, but each one of them threw me and my young sons  life buoys when we needed them most.  Thus, the very short times they were in our lives were very important.

I have found myself in a situation that brings about an opportunity to minister to a young mother, my own children and my husband.  I have not been called to minister verbally, but through my actions - just as the various folks referenced above did for me 25+ years ago.  I don't know all the details of this young mother's life, but I do know that I've walked in shoes very similar to hers.  I pray that my actions will be an example to my children and bless Mr.B's heart.

I am so grateful for the individuals who, so briefly, stepped into my and my boys lives at key moments.  In hind-sight, I see the Lord's hands working through theirs.  I pray that the Lord uses my hands to do His work today.

The following verses from Matthew are my prayer for all the "lifeguards" who acted quickly, saving me and the big boys from calamity. 
"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundations of the world:  For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me:  I was in prison, and ye came unto me.  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave the drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily, I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."  Matthew 25:34-40

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B