Monday, January 16, 2012

Kept It Simple

As you all know from my previous post, this Christmas season found me arriving "late".  However late I felt I was, our children fully expected Christmas decorations.  My philosophy of keeping our Christmas decor simple was a relief this year.  By keeping it all simple, I was able to decorate and take down in only a couple hours.  Since time was a precious commodity this year, I've never been more thankful for my "keeping it simple" philosophy.  Here are photos of our Christmas decor.


Welcome, please come in. - I think the snow capped bows just look like Christmas, don't you?

Yes, we are still using our $5 "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree.  I know this photo makes it look like we totally spoil our children with too many gifts, but we really do bless them with only 3 each - when you have 5 children & a very small tree, it looks like there is far more than there really is.

A little garland & stockings.  The hearth, this is where I really do think less becomes more.  Now, if I could just convince Mr.B to eliminate the television and it's accessories ...

Just a few small poinsettias set in a sugar mold graces the Christmas morning breakfast table.  I like serve our holiday meals buffet style from the kitchen counters.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B