Saturday, December 22, 2012

Home Alone - Day 1

That's right!  I'm home alone.  My family has gone south for the Christmas holiday & left me to tend the farm.       So, what shall I do all by myself for 10 -14 days?  I have no idea - I've never been home alone.  I have been a mom for 28 1/2 years and have never been home alone for more than a few hours.  So, I suppose I'll blog about the experience & you can either pity or envy me.  Shh, I'm secretly, hoping you will turn green with envy.
The B family left at 5:30 AM this morning.  Aside from the given of feeding and tending the animals, my day was filled with the following:

Tidied up the basement.
Tidied up the children's bedrooms.
13 loads of laundry - 6 loads was bedding.
Deep cleaning and rearranging the mudroom.
Enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa while watching an old Harrison Ford movie, "Presumed Innocent"
Enjoyed lighted candles in the mudroom and living room. (EJ is so rambunctious I dare not light candles when he's home.)
Talked with my BFF, Mrs.A, on the telephone.

Tune in tomorrow to see what Day 2 brings ...

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure to be a part of your home alone experience! Enjoy every minute if it BFF!

    Love,
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B