Friday, October 31, 2008

A Fun Week

This past week has been a busy one around the B house. We've had so much fun. OG and EJ had birthdays AND we attended the "School Days" at the Renaissance Festival. I also had the opportunity to enjoy a rare "movie day" with a couple friends. Our movie selections included "Sense and Sensibility" (one of my most favorites) and "Elizabethtown". I took an artichoke & spinach dip to the movie day. The girls asked if I would share the recipe, so here it is:
Artichoke & Spinach Dip
1 16oz. can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
1 4 oz. can diced green chilie peppers
1 c. mayonnaise
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients well. Pour into a greased 8"x8" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot, bubbly and edges begin to brown. Serve with crackers or toast points.
As mentioned in a previous post, we join some other home school families for history and creative writing a couple times per week. This week I served fried rice for supper. Here's the recipe:
Fried Rice
6 tablespoons oil
6 c. cold cooked rice (I use brown rice)
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. frozen peas
1 stalk celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 1/2 onions, diced
4-6 green onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. cooked meat, (chicken, pork, beef, seafood, etc.)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon lemon grass
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 eggs, beaten well
In a large skillet saute over high heat diced onions, carrots, celery and meat in oil until tender. Add garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce , spices; mix well. Add cold rice, stir and mix well. Add corn and peas; stir and mix well until hot. Remove from heat, stir in green onion.
(note: I always pre-measure all ingredients during my prep time when preparing this dish).
Here's a few photos from our week:
Birthday Cake
Gifts from Aunt Liz

A new outfit

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Thank you for letting me join in the fun by sharing your photos. I feel like I was almost there with everyone.

    ~blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Haa! Thanks for the fried rice link. Definitely this one will be printed out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B