Sunday, December 10, 2017

Hello ...

The seasons continue to pass me by too quickly.  I find it difficult to believe that Christmas is only 15 days away.  No, I am not "ready".  I did manage to clean up and store the spring / summer flower planters and such from the front lawn.  It is now ready for winter décor, but I am having trouble finding the time to decorate.

Speaking of seasons, the Montana prairie has been joyfully embracing a very warm autumn.  We've had only one snow and the temperatures have dropped below 15 degrees only 3-4 days.  Our evening lows have been averaging in the 20's and our afternoon highs in the low to mid 40's.  Anyone familiar with the weather on the Montana prairie knows this is highly unusual.  By this time each year our over-night temperatures are generally well below zero and our highs are in the lower teens at best.

I have been enjoying our Sunday morning church sermons.  The topic has been about the birth of Jesus.  Last week we covered God's perfect timing for the coming of Christ.  Today's topic was the miracle of Christ's coming.  These past two weeks have left me hungry for next week's sermon.  The children in our church put on the best yet Christmas program this evening.  From year to year I am amazed how much the children have grown and matured.  We had many visitors from the community join us and after the program we served an array of refreshments which were much enjoyed.

My heart was abundantly blessed this evening when my former little babysitting charge, ET, who is now 4 years old, invited himself to come over and spend the night ... hee! hee!  He also invited me over to his house to see his pretty Christmas tree, which he assured me is prettier than mine.  After the children's Christmas program, his mother and I talked and he and his little sister will come out and spend the day with me later this week.  I will have to bring his toy box up from the basement den and pull out all his favorite books as he LOVES to be read to.  We will pop some corn to snack on while we read and read and read.

Our warm weather is forecasted to continue throughout the week and I will have two little house guests who enjoy reading and popcorn as much as I do.  I think this coming week is going to be GRAND.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your warm weather while you can! I hope you get everything done that you'd like to and that you have a relaxed Christmas.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Laura,

      I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to check into "blogland". I pray you and your family enjoy a most blessed Christmas and a prosperous and safe New Year.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  2. It's always good to hear from you Mrs.B
    Winter is here in AZ but still no snow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Mrs. Regina! Any snow in AZ yet?

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B