Happy Thanksgiving to All !!!
Last Friday I had to have oral surgery to remove a wisdom tooth and Mr. B flew home from the bitterly cold north to help with the children while I recovered. Since he was home, we celebrated our Thanksgiving last Thursday evening. Today Mr. B is back up North, and the littles and I are enjoying a relaxing day of piddling around and not doing much of anything.
We pray you and yours enjoy a blessed day filled with many smiles and the makings of very happy memories.
Recently I've spent about an hour a day reading posts by MaryAnn from over at "A Joyful Chaos" ( http://ajoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/ ). I've really enjoyed the sweet precious memories she has generously shared about her Amish childhood. A while back she wrote a post entitled "Odd Things About Me" and I've decided I'd also like to share some "odd things about me" with my readers. I hope some you do the same as I always find it fun and interesting to learn new things about others.
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes. I love all sort of cheeses - it's one of my favorite foods.
2. Have you ever smoked? No - Well, I tried to puff a cigarette once, gagged and to this day I can't fathom why anyone would desire to smoke.
3. What color Kool Aid was your favorite? I've never liked Kool-Aid
4. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes. I don't like being touched by people outside my family.
5. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them only on occasion. For instance, when camping or at a cookout & then I like to roast them over a fire until the outside is slightly charred.
6. Favorite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life, of course.
7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Milk
8. Can you do push ups? A few.
9. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I actually have two favorite pieces. A diamond rose patterned dinner ring that belonged to my maternal grandmother AND a "mother's" ring that belonged to my paternal grandmother. I don't wear either because I do not have pretty hands.
10. Favorite hobby? Gardening.
11. Do you have A. D. D.? Medically speaking no - but some days things are so crazy around here one would think I do.
12. Do you wear glasses/contacts? No. However, I have started wearing low strength reading glasses for small print, threading needles, crochet and embroidery.
13. Middle name? Begins with letter J.
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. a. I am excited about my husband and the big boys coming home for Christmas. b. I wish our home would sell so the littles and I can move north to be with Mr.B. c. Our weather is warm today - doesn't "feel" like Thanksgiving.
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, milk, sweet iced tea
16. Current worry? N. & S. Korea - what will this mean for my JP who is active duty Navy.
17. Current hate? Living in "limbo". For almost two years our family has been considering or trying to move north where Mr.B works. Much of our life has been "on hold" while we've been house hunting, trying to sell our current house, etc.
18. Where would you like to go? North so the littles can be with their daddy.
19. Do you own slippers? Yes. Since we do not wear street shoes in the house, our hardwood floors make them a necessity during winter.
20. What color shirt are you wearing? White & pink.
21. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. I like 600 or more thread count cotton for summers and when up north during winter I like heavy flannel.
22. Can you whistle? Nope.
23. Where are you now? Dining room
24. Would you be a pirate? No.
25. What songs do you sing in the shower? I usually don't sing. I am VERY inhibited about my poor singing abilities.
26. Favorite Girl's Name? Esther
27. Favorite boy's name? Andrew
28. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing
29. Who last made you laugh? OG and EJ
30. What vehicle do you drive? 4-wheel drive Expedition - GREAT for traveling to the north and when all our kiddos are home, everyone fits.
31. Worst injury you've ever had? It's a toss up between a broken tailbone and a broken knee cap.
32. Do you love where you live? No. But it is much better than many other places I've lived so, no complaints.
33. How many TVs do you have in your house? One. Before I married I didn't have a t.v. However, marriage to Mr.B has changed that - I firmly put my foot down to owning only one.