Saturday, July 13, 2013

Red, Juicy, Sweetest Ever Strawberries

Last year's garden splurge was a strawberry pyramid complete with bird netting and 50 strawberry starts.  Our starts established themselves well last year and this summer we are enjoying the sweetest, juiciest strawberries EVER!  These strawberries are so sweet even Mr.B is eating them and in all the years we've been married I've only seen him eat 2 strawberries before this summer.  He says the store bought berries are a little sour for  his taste.  Which makes sense because of packaging and shipping strawberries must be picked before fully ripe so that grocers do not have spoiled berries on their produce shelves.  However, these homegrown berries are left on the vine until the green blossom top begins to turn red - VERY ripe and outrageously sweet!
We absolutely plan to purchase more strawberry towers for the future.

Delicious strawberries ripening to sweet perfection.
 

Our 1st batch ... Gone in 60 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. Your strawberries look wonderful! I am only able to harvest one or two each day, from my garden. I am sure they will do better next year.

    Have a great week!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B