Sunday, October 19, 2008

About My Friends

Friendship Pictures, Images and Photos

My dear sweet friend over at Heart 4 My Home (http://heart4myhome.blogspot.com/) has awarded me with another blogging award - A Friendship Award! This is a wonderful blessing to my heart. A few questions come with this award, so here goes ...

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood?

No. Not one. There was a time in my life when this answer would have made me very sad. However, as they say, hindsight is 20/20. I am now able to look back and see where God has brought me from. He placed my feet upon a different path. He has and is leading me closer to Him.

2. What do you value most about your friends?

First and foremost I value their prayers. I have come to understand Roman 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." When my friends pray for me and my family, I know that I have advocates petitioning the throne the God with me. I will be able to see the blessing of God's hand directing all things in my life.

3. Are your friends your sounding board?

I hate to admit this, but yes, sometimes they are. For sometime now I have been working on leaving a prayer request just that, a prayer request. It is my desire to continue growing in the Lord and learning to lean on Him. The Bible is a life manual. The answers to all our questions and quandaries are right there in God's Word. If I don't like the answers He gives or I find myself with a different opinion than He, that is a cue that my heart has been lead astray and I am in need of repenting.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?

Fun get-togethers that include cooking, eating, and fellowship. Sometimes we get together and go camping. When we do this, I love our Sunday morning worship time. Worshiping the Lord in His beautiful creation is really special to me.

As always with blogging awards, it is customary to pass the award on to others who are special.

Sarah @ As Lillies Sewing (http://www.asliliessewing.blogspot.com/). Sarah is a beautiful young lady whose heart's desire is to follow the Lord. She is a terrific friend and mentor to many. Her blog has been a wonderful blessing and ministry to my very own little lady - OG.

Jewels @ Eyes of Wonder (http://eyesofwonder.typepad.com/my_weblog/). Her posts are inspiring and absolutely poetic. The Lord has blessed her with the most amazing gift of writing. Visits to her site are always a blessing to my heart.

Jamie @ Homeschooling Baptist Brood (http://www.thestroupefamily.blogspot.com/). This lovely young lady really has a heart for training her young family up in the Lord. It is such a blessing to see her growing into a Titus 2 lady.

Nicole @ Heart 4 My Home (http://heart4myhome.blogspot.com/). She has become a terrific friend. I look forward to our friendship growing and I thank the Lord that He brought her into my life.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely award! I am so glad you received it. You are a dear friend to have, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if anyone deserves an award you do. Congrats

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for the warm wishes. They are very appreciated.

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your such a blessing! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

    ~blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for passing this award onto me and for your kind words, Mrs. B! I was quite surprised to see this post! You are so sweet. :)

    I am glad that my blog has been a blessing to you and also to your daughter . . . it has likewise been a blessing to 'get to know' you a bit too! :)

    Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah,

    You are quite welcome. I just wanted you to know that your blog and the small area of your life that you share with the blogging community is a ministry. You are ministering to my little OG. It is very unfortunate that none of the young girls at our church (her primary social outlet) her age have a hunger for the things of the Lord. Thus, I must monitor her interaction with them very closely. Your blog has sparked a desire within her heart to seek a foundational relationship with Jesus.

    Thank you for ministering as the Lord has led you.

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B