Monday, March 27, 2017

Post Holiday "To Do's"

3/27/17 -
I am happy to report that nearly all the projects listed on my "Post Holiday To Do" list have been completed.  Since the littles will be in charge of housekeeping while I'm visiting down south later this month, I decided to wait until I return to deep clean the kitchen.  I've finished the mobile kitchen island. We are now waiting on the countertop to be cut and delivered from Fargo.  I'm excited about posting a photo of the finished project once the counter top arrives.  The next post contains photos of my completed sewing and crochet projects.
1/10/17 -

I cleaned and organized the basement today.  I will now have an indoor work space to build the mobile kitchen island.  I also listed the extra washing machine for sale in our local newspaper and local on-line sites. Hopefully, it will sell quickly.

1/7/17 -
Marked a couple more tasks off my winter to-do list ... HURAY!

1/6/17 -
Autumn and early winter, like spring and summer, is a very busy season for us.  Not only do we have numerous projects we try to finish before winter, homeschooling becomes a priority. Adding to all that, we also have the business of the holiday season with harvest festival(s), Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year celebrations. 

Consequently, by the time things slow down for winter, I often think I'm exhausted.  If I don't make any plans to get everything cleaned up and organized, it would be very easy to find myself overwhelmed and napping 2 - 3 hours each day until spring.  As temping as hibernating through the winter sounds, it really is the best time of year to indulge in some of the indoor hobbies I enjoy and any indoor projects that need to be completed.   Experience has taught me that our insanely busy spring and summer will leave me regretting unproductive winter naps.

Here is a short list of this winter's priorities.  I've already completed a few!

 Finish homeschool lesson plans for winter months 
Put all Christmas gifts in their new homes
Build and install second coat rack in entry
Pack & deliver donations to thrift center
Pack & store Christmas décor 
Write & mail thank you notes
Have the kids write and mail thank you notes
Deep clean kitchen & dining room
Clean and re-organize basement
Prepare the basement for spring thaw
Sewing project(s)
Crochet project(s)
Build mobile kitchen island - Cabinet finished, waiting on counter top
Sell extra washing machine - listed for sale 1/10/17
Patch the chandelier hook hole in the kitchen ceiling
Patch the door stopper hole by the upstairs bathroom
Select and order business cards for the farm

What are your plans during these winter months?  Please share, I would enjoy reading about them in the comments section.

14 comments:

  1. Good list of things to accomplish. I wrote out my goals for 2017 yesterday. Maybe it would be better to divide them into seasons. Might make things easier. LOL

    I am letting you know that some how my blog is kaput. No clue what happened. This is my new one....starting over. ugh! https://tumbleweednews2.wordpress.com/ I have yet to figure out how to add a followers button though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Vickie-
      I am so sorry to hear about your blog. I know you've been blogging for a few years and it must be so disappointing to have lost so many posts. I am looking forward to your new blog and will visit soon.
      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you're going to be busy busy busy! Maybe there is no slow period for farm folks. ~smile~ Be blessed, and enjoy at least one long winter's nap.
    God bless you all and keep you warm and safe, in Jesus' Name.

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laura, farm life is a busy life. Thank you for the warm wishes ... we were at negative 15 this morning.
      God's Blessing to you and yours as well,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  3. Girl, you're moving on with the list. You'll be to the fun stuff soon! We thought 8° was cold this morning! Be careful.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    Dreaming of a white winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      Yes, making a list helps motivate me in any areas where I might procrastinate. I always add a couple fun things to the list as a reward for getting the not so fun stuff completed.
      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  4. You are keeping busy, and you have crossed quite a few off your list!

    After all your hard work I think you should start the sewing or crochet project next as a reward to yourself :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania,

      I am temped to move on to some of my fun sewing and crochet projects, but ... I know me. If I begin those before the "not so fun" stuff, I may not finish my list. I am really looking forward to the kitchen island project, but must organize the basement so I'll have a good sized work space for the carpentry.
      I hope you are still enjoying your warm summer weather.
      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing your kitchen island project. I wish my kitchen was big enough for one. I sure could use the extra prep space. My kitchen is severely lacking in counter space but my hubby has lovingly remodeled it over the years making it a pleasant space to be in. :) I am very thankful for that.

    My projects are to purge and organize the kitchen cabinets. My hubby wants to rebuild the insides of some of the cabinets to make them more efficient and add some pull out shelving like he did to my pots and pans cabinet. We also have a big 2 tiered lazy susan to add to one of the corners to make that area more accessible. I am really hoping that he can do that soon for me. Other than that it is organizing my pantry area and maybe moving the smaller appliances into the hallway linen closet where they will be more easily accessible. Oh yes, I really need to get my sewing area up and running. :) Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Evening, Debbie -

      You are a girl after my own heart ... I love well organized spaces, even the ones behind doors and cupboards that others usually don't see. In my world, there is nothing better than having a space so organized one could pick something up and use it while blindfolded.
      When we re-arranged our kitchen and dining room, I was able to purge and re-organize all my kitchen supplies.
      I will post photos of the island when it's finished.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Mrs. B! I feel tired just after reading your list of things to do.. my goodness you are a busy lady! I too have been pretty busy decluttering and taking down Christmas decorations. I'm glad to be back in our normal routine I must say. Take care and God bless, Silvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too, Silvana -

      Yes, farm life is a busy life. I have a couple sewing projects that need to be finished by the end of the month. Thus, I will be taking a short break from the "work" on the list and enjoying some creative time in my sewing room ... exciting!

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  7. Look at you go Girl! I wish I was there to help you! You never cease to amaze me with you ability to get things done. I have a couple of projects that I could use your whip cracking on. LOL I need my Mrs. B with me to get it done. Ya know? When the cat's (Mrs. B) away, the mice (Mrs. A) will play. I have literally gotten to the point that I don't "see" that file pile!

    I pray you have an amazingly productive day!
    Love,
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, Now, Mrs.A ... we all know that you are exaggerating about not getting much accomplished ... you regularly out do me by leaps and bounds. I have some sewing projects for a fundraiser due by next Saturday and I'm hoping I get them finished in time. I plan to post photos when I finish.

      Love,
      Mrs.B

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B