Monday, September 2, 2013

Canning Season is Upon Us

Yes, I know it has been a loooong while since my last post and I must confess it will be a little longer before I'm back on a more regular basis. 
As the title of this post suggests, we are in the middle of canning season.  Thus far, the Lord has abundantly blessed us.  During the past 2 weeks we've harvested 186 pounds of produce AND we still have an abundance of ripening tomatoes,  green beans, zucchini and yellow squash coming in.  We haven't even thought about pulling our beets, carrots and onions.  Our potatoes are still buried and the corn is almost, but not quite, ready.  EJ checks his pumpkin vine daily - he has 3 very nice pumpkins, one of which is turning orange.  We've found several green cantaloupes and expect a good harvest from them as well.
Once canning / preserving season is over I'll be back with an update on our harvest totals.  I pray your harvest is as abundantly blessed as ours.

1 comment:

  1. I know how busy harvest time can be. Even the busyness around here lately takes me away from blogging as often. I look forward to seeing the harvest your garden produces.

    We had a mild Winter so the garden did produce well, but so far it has been really warm already for this time of year. I am hoping to get my veggies all in and finished by Christmas so I wont be growing in the very hot weather in January, February and March.

    God Bless,
    xTania

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B